Another mean of communication was the interaction with secondary schools and university students.
- McGarry (UCC) delivered a presentation entitled “Moving here and there: using research to understand migration in Europe” to secondary school students at Coláiste na Coiribe, Galway. This presentation focused on the core themes of the YMOBILITY project, Galway, 10 January 2016
- S. Fernández Prados (UAL) delivered a presentation entitled “Ser joven: un proyecto de vida” to secondary school students I.E.S. Sierra de Gádor at Berja (Almería). In this presentation presented the YMOBILITY project was presented, Berja (Almería) 31st May 2016
- Montanari (UNIROMA1) participated to the seminar “L’Alberti tra vocazione internazionale e Made in Italy” organized by the Istituto Superiore di Istruzione Statale Leon Battista Alberti; he gave the presentation “Mobilità dei giovani. Una opportunità di sviluppo per l’Italia – Il caso del Progetto europeo HORIZON 2020 – YMOBILITY”; Teatro Ambra alla Garbatella, Rome 24 May 2016 (see Annex 6)
- Chrancokova (IFSAS) gave the presentation “Transfer knowledge via international migration – Slovak migration” within the Young Scholars Forum on South East Europe – YSF at the Institut für den Donauraum und Mitteleuropa (IDM), 3 December 2016
- Balaz and M. Chrancokova (IFSAS) attended a seminar on YMOBILITY project at the University of Economics in Bratislava, 7 December 2016
- Schmidt (UNIBI) presented the YMOBILITY project to students of the final class at the comprehensive school Gesamtschule Kierspe – 20 March 2017
- Krišjāne (LU) participated in Regional geography teachers conference in Ergli (Vidzeme region) and presented to teachers the YMOBILITY preliminary results of the Project YMOBILITY – 17 August 2017
- Krišjāne (LU) – “Regional disparities and geographical mobility in Latvia” – lecture to students from Ruhr-University Bochum, Riga, 22 August 2017
- Croitoru, M. Manea (UB) organized a series of meetings in Romania with high-school pupils and university students in Bucharest and Sibiu (27 November 2017, 16 January 2018, 30 January 2018, 1 March 2018)
- Krišjāne (LU) – “YMOBILITY results” – School of Young Geographers (pupils from 26 Latvian schools from all regions of Latvia), Riga, 16 December 2017
- Sechi (LU) – “Youth mobility in Europe (YMOBILITY results)” – lecture to geography students in Sankt Petersburg State University, Sankt Petersburg, 22 January 2018
- Cooperation of UNIROMA1 with the students and teachers of the Rome secondary schools
In the first stage, seminars were organized with the students of the last and second-last year of vocational schools, which give direct access to the world of work as L.B. Alberti, C. Colombo, L. Einaudi, and of high schools whose students are generally directed to continue their studies at the university as N. Macchiavelli. At this stage of their lives, both for their age and also because in the period of changes and programs for the future, students begin to think about spending a period abroad, both as a first time, and as a possibility of further experience after a previous holiday period abroad spent with their families. The seminars provided the opportunity for students to access the documentation published by YMOBILITY and to examine the themes in depth. A brief documentation of these seminars was published on the YMOBILITY website near the dates on which they were held.
A second stage was carried out with the C. Colombo and L. Einaudi Institutes, two state schools that prepare young people to include them in the world of labor in the tourism and economic sectors, or even to continue their studies at the university. To carry out these activities, two Alternation School Work (ASW) programs were activated on the basis of a formal agreement between UNIROMA1 and each of the two Institutes. For this project, the SEAI Department offered a human resource based on the budget of YMOBILITY and UNIROMA1, a second human resource with funds from the ASW program.
The collaboration with C. Colombo has been activated with students who have gone abroad for a period of time doing professional training at companies in London and Malta as guests of families. The agreed program provided for the use of part of the YMOBILITY experience to carry out interviews with young English and Maltese students that C. Colombo students could meet during their stay. Upon returning to Rome, Italian students transcribed the interviews, reporting on their experience as interviewers and prepared a brief report on the acquired knowledge.
Collaboration with the L. Einaudi Institute took place in several sectors. A group of students studying some of the results of YMOBILITY recognized the need to have in each school an Agency for the collection of experiences of young people abroad and to provide theoretical and practical information for those who wanted to go abroad. The starting point was that young people who go abroad, although driven by a strong interest in knowledge, often do not know enough about the situations and conditions they will find in other European countries where they have decided to move for a longer, or lesser long, period. Other projects have seen the students of L. Einaudi in reflections following the experience of some of their colleagues who in 2017 were chosen to represent Italy in the meeting of the “young G7” and in the meeting of the “young UN General Assembly”. The themes requested, considering the YMOBILITY experience, to refer to the two international events were those of youth mobility. The idea of setting up an information agency for youth mobility at the L. Einaudi Institute referred to the many experiences of students, of teachers who helped them, and of parents who were part of these experiences. The Institute has about 900 students and so are a few dozen those who go to other European countries each year, or get ready to do it, or just dream it. Often when they return from abroad they have already left school and therefore their experience is dispersed and those of the following years have to start all over again.
The collaboration with YMOBILITY by the students of C. Colombo and L. Einaudi was presented concisely during the YMOBILITY Conference (Rome 15/02/2018) through two movies later on published on the YMOBILITY web site. Please find in Annex 5 – Proposal for a mobility Agency: “Learn easily, move easily”.